The Life & Advice of a Military Wife

Since marrying the military (literally) in 2009 I feel I have both received and given much advice that has been essential to my role as a wife and mother. I hope to pass along this advice and my experiences to new wives just getting their footing in this different world of ours.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Voila!

Insomnia and irritability, explained! My husband and I are beyond excited to announce that baby #2 is in the making!  I am glad there is a logical explanation for all these crazy things going on with me lately.  I hate feeling like I don't know my own body, and I was really starting to feel imbalanced! So now it's on to the fun baby planning, picking out names and nursery themes, getting crafty with fun projects, and shopping, shopping, shopping.  Weirdly, we are totally bumping heads when it comes to baby names.  We picked our daughter's in about twenty minutes once we really sat down to talk about it... but now we can't seem to agree on anything! I'm seriously hoping for a boy (though I will be happy with any adorable, healthy bundle of joy) as we both would like to have this second child and be done, and I know my husband and I would both like a boy.

I don't know what it is about the first weeks after finding out you're pregnant, at least for me, that every symptom I feel seems so dramatic.  I am not just tired, I am TOTALLY exhausted.  I don't have a headache, I feel like a train has run into my skull.  It's ridiculous! I guess things seem worse this time because I have a 1 1/2 year old to run around after.  I will suck it up and deal though, and will thank my lucky stars (knock on wood) that I haven't gotten sick with either pregnancy yet.
With this baby on the way, it really has me thinking about our future.  Considering the options of my husband getting out of the Navy after he re-enlists for shore duty, or making a career out of it.  I have to say there are so many pros and cons for both.  Re-enlistment means benefits, health insurance, housing, and a stable career with little chance of unemployment in the immediate future.  Getting out means more time together, no deployments and being able to buy or build a house without having to worry about getting whisked away from it.  Ultimately the choice is his, and I will support him no matter what he decides to do.  It has just been really getting into my brain lately, wondering where our lives will go!

Speaking of the military... our base hosted Seabee Days this past weekend, which is basically a big carnival on base open to the public where the USN Seabees and the jobs that they do are showcased.  It was actually pretty interesting to see all the different lines of work... underwater construction, electricians, mechanics, steelworkers, builders... Of course as with all military functions there was the opening 16 hours worth of speeches that we had to sit through on the pavement in the hot sun, but aside from that it was a great time.  Fair food is always worth a little sweat and too much fun! I am now able to report that I have tried deep fried oreos... which possibly would have been much better had I not been already crammed full of grease and sugar, but they were still good all the same.  So it was a successful weekend in Southern California, with lots of family time and lots of sleep... now we're all well rested and ready to make it through another week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home